a blog that will make you smile:)

About Me

My photo
I love to blog anything: food, places, hobbies, fashion, etc. It's basically pieces of my life that I want to share with you:) Hopefully you will find it interesting and don't forget to comment!

"But you are chosen generation, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, His own special people, that you may proclaim the praises of him who called you out of darkness and into his marvelous light." (1 Peter 2:9)

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Youth, the most cherished time

We often hear that middle school does not count. It's a time to make friends and learn Pre-Algebra. But for some reason it is the time when teenagers die to be popular and when hormones start to kick in. I know because I used to be one of them. And that idea really made my life shift. Now I know that high school is different. It is when you really make those life-long friends that help you endure through that four years. It is the four years that you use to prove to universities and colleges that you will be attending their school in freshmen year. It is no longer a game or a ride down the boulevard. It is a battle for straight A's and well...a healthy social life. A healthy social life does not mean to check your updates for Facebook, where you have over 500 friends (some of them you hardly know) , every minute or to constantly answer questions that don't even make sense on Formspring. It means to build close bonds with friends that you will keep in contact with until college. Friends that you can trust or even study with. I have a teacher who once told me work hard for four years, and have a great life later. I remember answering questions on yahoo answers and one of the questions was by a 13-year old girl. She said "All my friends have boyfriends. Am I weird not to have one because I don't want to grow up?". I answered "Youth is a gift. If you grow up, you will miss the times when you are single. Cherish your times now and save boy love when it is necessary. Start working on your personal dreams because love will still be there when you are older." I'm not sure if this post really makes you smile. But just a little inspiration:)

3 comments:

  1. damn i had no idea you were such a good writer!!! :DD
    very well put ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoa, niiiice, Julia!!! I love your posts! It absolutely made me smile :)

    ReplyDelete

# of clicks
# of New Visitors
Thanks for reading!

Search This Blog

Followers

Powered By Blogger