a blog that will make you smile:)

About Me

My photo
I love to blog anything: food, places, hobbies, fashion, etc. It's basically pieces of my life that I want to share with you:) Hopefully you will find it interesting and don't forget to comment!

"But you are chosen generation, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, His own special people, that you may proclaim the praises of him who called you out of darkness and into his marvelous light." (1 Peter 2:9)

Saturday, May 29, 2010

Secretary:)

I can't believe that I actually made secretary for the Red Cross Club at my school. I was pretty surprised because I never thought that I would be chosen. As soon as I entered the room I had to pay the $1o.oo fee for the "banquet". It wasn't even a banquet unless you consider a 14X14 room with one floating pineapple, a powerpoint that showed a movie, 3 bags of chips, and a homemade velvet cake a banquet. To enhance the luau theme there was a floating pineapple out of the middle of nowhere. When I paid the president the $10.00 she asked me my name. I thought to myself, "Oh yeah. I totally made secretary because the president doesn't even know who I am.". After the movie they started announcing the new officers and I guess I was one of them. It's funny because after the banquet/ceremony was over the president said, "You ran for secretary right?...". One word: FAIL 

I'll just post up my acceptance speech (there never was one): "Thank you so much officers for giving me this opportunity to serve the Red Cross Club as the 2010-2011 secretary. I promise to try my best and make next year one of the most memorable moments. My goal is to really make the club bond together as a team so we can advocate emergency preparedness and the goal of helping our community. I hope that our club members and return next year once again because together we can achieve more!" 

It's a little corny:) 
Current mood: flabbergasted

3 comments:

# of clicks
# of New Visitors
Thanks for reading!

Search This Blog

Followers

Powered By Blogger