a blog that will make you smile:)

About Me

My photo
I love to blog anything: food, places, hobbies, fashion, etc. It's basically pieces of my life that I want to share with you:) Hopefully you will find it interesting and don't forget to comment!

"But you are chosen generation, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, His own special people, that you may proclaim the praises of him who called you out of darkness and into his marvelous light." (1 Peter 2:9)

Sunday, May 16, 2010

Trying to be Nice

I went to this wedding today at the City of Industry at the Pacific Palms Hotel. Overall it was really fun. I attempted to take pictures but the lighting in the banquet room was very poor and dim. I don't know who did the seating charts but I was put in a table with children ages 10 and under. I was the oldest and felt like a amateur babysitter. It wasn't that bad because I rather hang out with younger kids than older kids who talk about college, work, and all of that boring stuff I am not really interested in. A girl the same age as me was put at the "older kids" table. At first I thought "What the heck?!?!?", but later I realized I preferred the "younger kids" table. It was hilarious. This 10-year old boy kept on asking the waiter to light the candles that were on the table. He kept on blowing them out just to see the smoke disappear in the air. There was a total of seven people at our table and we ordered about 17 (not exaggerating) Sprites/Cokes, by accident. This 11-year old boy drank 3 Coke cups and called me "unhealthy". Our table was the loudest and most raucous. I knew that the seniors next to us were regretting to ever stay for the banquet because we were CRAZY. I wouldn't be surprised if the waiters spat in our drinks or twirled their fingers in it. There was a girl sitting two chairs from me and she was the only one that was actually quiet. I asked her a lot of questions to get her talking but she was still her timid self. "How old are you? Do you play the piano? Do you have any siblings?", I asked (I almost sounded like a stalker). I was just trying to be nice but I have never seen someone so shy. So throughout the whole wedding these kids were playing their D.S lites, getting drunk on soft drinks, yelling at the waiters, and walking around the banquet room, while I was trying the get the shyest girl in the world to talk. I was just trying to be nice. 

3 comments:

  1. Being nice is good! I bet the girl was probably happy even if she ended up appearing shy to you and didn't continue to talk. :)

    Wow, 17 sprites/cokes! That is crazy. But I don't blame you. When I went on a club dinner, there were people refilling italian sodas 3 times and changing flavors each time they did so. (Look at my Irvine CPK post if you want to know the details...)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOLLLL
    i love how u tell stories XDDD

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was a CRAZY weekend!!! Thanks for commenting:)

    ReplyDelete

# of clicks
# of New Visitors
Thanks for reading!

Search This Blog

Followers

Powered By Blogger